Haven’t seen the movie yet, as it hasn’t opened in Denmark. But I’ve been following the incoming reviews closely. So far people seem to think it more or less sucks. But, since it brought in $38 million on the first weekend, apparently people want to see it anyways. Below is a list of the reviews I’ve found. Feel free to comment with links to reviews I’ve missed.
- Alternative Film Guide “Wild Hogs is a true insult of a movie”
- moviegasm “This may rank as the worst pun in the short history of moviegasm”
- Cinematical.com “For the first half hour, pic repeatedly hits us over the head with the fact that our four main characters have grown into middle-aged boring men who wouldn’t know fun and adventure if it came squealing into their driveways.”
- Screenhead.com “What I saw was… bland. Seriously, this movie puts tofu to shame.”
- Mis-Adventures of Captain Poopy “I am sharing my mounting disappointment in this movie with you to spare you from this sad mirage of a good movie, filled with over-the-top “jokes” and terrible overacting and not in a Naked Gun type of way.”
- PopMatters.com “The first joke in Wild Hogs sets its limits.”
- AndPOP “Wild Hogs, director Walt Becker’s first movie since 2002, is somewhat of a lukewarm success.”
- The Fire Ant Gazette “Let me say right off the bat that if you’re a parent of one or more teens, do not take them with you to see this movie.”
I think I’ll just wait for the DVD.